Formula One News — November 2023
NOVEMBER 15, 2023
Wednesday Press Conference
Las Vegas GP - Wednesday Press Conference
Audi already pretty involved with Sauber
Audi is already "pretty involved" with Sauber in anticipation of the Volkswagen-owned German carmaker's entry into Formula 1 in 2026.
GM to be works F1 engine supplier by 2028
On the eve of the new Las Vegas GP, American carmaker giant General Motors has given Andretti's chances of entering Formula 1 a massive boost.
About time Ferrari got team boss right says Stuck
Ferrari may still be struggling to return to the very top in Formula 1, but Frederic Vasseur is at least the right team boss to achieve it.
F1 should give Las Vegas GP a chance says Marko
Dr Helmut Marko says he is reserving his judgement about the success or failure of Formula 1's unique, billion-dollar Las Vegas adventure.
NOVEMBER 14, 2023
Liberty issues public apology for Las Vegas F1 chaos
Greg Maffei, the CEO in charge of Formula 1's owner, has taken the extraordinary step of issuing an apology in the days before Liberty Media's new blue-riband event.
Horner hits back at claims of radical 2024 Red Bull
Red Bull is bracing for a "much more intense" battle for the world championships next year, team boss Christian Horner insists.
Mercedes off-target for 2024 title push says Surer
Toto Wolff powered plenty of raised eyebrows in the Interlagos paddock recently by declaring that it had been Mercedes' "worst weekend in 13 years".
Hulkenberg abandons Haas flop B car for Vegas
Nico Hulkenberg will not be at the wheel of Haas' 'B'-spec car this weekend in Las Vegas.
Piastri admits he's still behind experienced rivals
Oscar Piastri admits he still has some improving to do when it comes to looking after the tyres in Formula 1.
NOVEMBER 13, 2023
Red Bull would be wrong to sack Perez says Massa
Red Bull should not be considering ousting Sergio Perez, according to former Formula 1 driver Felipe Massa.
Mercedes installs casino ban for Las Vegas GP week
Mercedes will not allow its F1 team staff to spend their downtime at the Las Vegas casinos this week, Toto Wolff has admitted.
Rapidly-improving Alpha Tauri eyes Williams
A change of approach and the arrival of Daniel Ricciardo sees Alpha Tauri now eyeing Williams' seventh-place in the 2023 constructors' championship with two races to go.
Elliott could join Schumacher at Alpine says Montagny
A former Formula 1 driver sees a link between a major recent development at Mercedes and Mick Schumacher's likely move to Le Mans-style racing.
Andretti's father cannot understand F1 rejection
As Formula 1 returns to the US this week to race at the highly-anticipated Las Vegas GP, Michael Andretti's famous father says he "cannot understand" why the sport is opposed to a new American team backed by carmaker giant General Motors.
Verstappen tested a Ferrari racer at Mugello?
Max Verstappen got at the wheel of a Ferrari racing car, the Swiss newspaper Blick reports.
F1 film production to continue into 2024
The Hollywood writer's strike has set back production on the Formula 1 feature film starring Brad Pitt.
Furious Alonso slams Spanish paparazzi
Fernando Alonso reacted with fury when he visited his native Spain between the Brazilian and Las Vegas grands prix.
NOVEMBER 10, 2023
Verstappen dominance the biggest risk to F1
Max Verstappen admits he could be in the running to match the achievements of the most successful drivers in Formula 1 history.
F1 stewards seek end to track limits saga
Formula 1 stewards have ruled that the controversial and often farcical 'track limits' issue needs to be solved.
McLaren upgrades making drivers look good says Albon
In actual fact, the British-born Thai driver has managed to rebuild his reputation at Williams after being replaced as Max Verstappen's Red Bull teammate for poor performances.
Italy wants two F1 races on calendar through 2030
Italy's motor racing chief says the country is on track to keep both of its Formula 1 races on the annual calendar for "another five years".
Cadillac will not jump ship to another F1 team
General Motors has ruled out making the switch from hopeful eleventh Formula 1 entry Andretti to an existing team.
NOVEMBER 9, 2023
2024 contender Norris makes too many mistakes
Lando Norris is emerging as perhaps the most likely title challenger for Max Verstappen in 2024 - even if the on-form McLaren driver is accused of still making too many mistakes.