Formula One News — March 2016

MARCH 10, 2016

Rosberg aims to carry form into 2016

Nico Rosberg says he is determined to make 2016 "my year", after two consecutive championship defeats to his teammate Lewis Hamilton.

Austin ends 2016 US GP uncertainty

US grand prix organisers brushed aside any doubts about the 2016 race by revealing Taylor Swift, one of the world's top pop acts, will perform at the October event.

Hamilton should re-think halo stance says Surtees

F1 veterans have revealed they disagree with reigning world champion Lewis Hamilton's stance about the 'halo' cockpit cage slated for 2017.

Wolff sells last shares in Williams team

Toto Wolff has severed his last ties to the Williams team.

Mercedes dominance might be over says Surer

Mercedes' utter dominance of formula one in the 'power unit' era could finally be over.

Plans for faster cars still on track says Lauda

F1 remains on track to speed up significantly in the future, according to Niki Lauda.

FIA approves Mugello for F1 races

While Charlie Whiting was at Watkins Glen (US), FIA inspectors were also in Italy.

India may seek Mallya extradition and arrest?

Doubts Vijay Mallya might have to miss next weekend's season opener in Australia appear over, but the Force India chief's troubles in India are far from over.

Struggling Sauber pays staff

Sauber has now paid the two thirds of its 300-strong workforce in Switzerland who were waiting for their overdue February wages.

MARCH 9, 2016

Honda not on schedule says Boullier

Honda is running behind schedule so far in 2016, McLaren team boss Eric Boullier revealed on Wednesday.

Austin back on track, Monza still in trouble

The US grand prix in Austin looks to be back on track.

Hamilton aggressive with Melbourne tyre choice

It may be the teams, and not the drivers, who are in charge of the extra freedom on tyre selection in 2016.

Boullier warns against McLaren expectations

Eric Boullier says he does not want McLaren-Honda to set any firm targets for 2016.

F1 trio question celebrity Hamilton's focus

A trio of former F1 drivers have considered whether world champion Lewis Hamilton's increasing global celebrity will hurt his bid for a fourth title in 2016.

Mercedes proposes 20hp boost for engine rivals

A surprising proposal by Mercedes could help solve the issue of Mercedes' seemingly endless domination in the new 'power unit' era.

Struggling Sauber will race in Australia

Sauber will race in Melbourne next weekend, notwithstanding the financial cloud that hangs over the struggling Swiss team.

MARCH 8, 2016

F1 board dossier puts Ecclestone under scrutiny

Bernie Ecclestone will come under scrutiny on Tuesday as a report is tabled at a meeting of F1's board.

Renault to make Ferrari-like engine step

Renault is tipped to make considerable progress with its power unit in 2016, as the works team prepares to unveil its new race livery.

Maldonado linked with Indycar switch

Pastor Maldonado could keep his motor racing career alive in America's top open wheeler series.

Coulthard sides with qualifying, halo criticism

David Coulthard says he sympathises with drivers who are openly questioning the latest changes within formula one.

Drivers to fend for themselves in 2016 says Rosberg

The further clampdown on pit-to-driver radio communications in 2016 will spice up the action.

Court may stop Mallya's F1 travels

Force India boss and co-owner Vijay Mallya may be unable to attend grands prix in 2016.

Sainz says 2016 could be last chance at Toro Rosso

Carlos Sainz says he knows 2016 could be a make-or-break season for him in F1.

MARCH 7, 2016

Palmer denies 2015 caution will carry over

Jolyon Palmer has dismissed claims he might take too "cautious" an approach to his job of being a formula one driver.