Formula One News — March 2016
MARCH 2, 2016
Musical chairs qualifying set for Australia
'Musical chairs'-style qualifying will take place ahead of the Melbourne season opener in just over two weeks.
Mercedes denies cracking 1000hp barrier
With every passing test day, the feeling in the Barcelona paddock is growing ever stronger that Mercedes will decimate all comers early in 2016.
F1 under fire for unprofessional qualifying farce
F1 officials have come under fire for what major newspapers including the Independent and Telegraph are calling the 2016 qualifying "farce".
Alonso future depends on F1's 2017 revolution
Fernando Alonso says his future rests on the reforms that are slated to revolutionise formula one next year.
Sauber may not be 100 per cent in Melbourne says Nasr
Felipe Nasr admits Sauber's newly-launched car may not be 100 per cent ready for the 2016 season opener in Australia in just over two weeks.
One-year deals for Magnussen and Palmer
Frederic Vasseur, the new team boss at Renault, has admitted neither team driver has a guaranteed future with the French marque beyond 2016.
Bottas not among dieting F1 drivers
Valtteri Bottas has counted himself as not among those drivers who are dieting hard ahead of the 2016 season.
2015 absence was Hockenheim wake up says Ecclestone
Bernie Ecclestone is putting pressure on Hockenheim to up its game in order to secure Germany's future on the F1 calendar.
MARCH 1, 2016
Mercedes calm makes Marchionne worry
Sergio Marchionne on Tuesday said the serene winter pre-season enjoyed so far by Mercedes makes him "worry".
Drivers not unanimous in supporting halo concept
Not every driver is on board with F1's plans to cover the cockpits.
Final test will show Mercedes strength says Arrivabene
Ferrari's hopes for 2016 rest on the progress Mercedes has been able to make over the winter.
Alonso confirms near Hamilton-Ferrari swap for 2015
Fernando Alonso says he almost switched to Mercedes last year in a move that would have involved Lewis Hamilton replacing him at Ferrari.
US GP hopes buoyed as Austin lowers tax bill
Hopes are increasing that the embattled US grand prix will in fact take place in October.
Marko praises Renault
Rare sounds of praise for Renault are emerging from the Red Bull camp ahead of the 2016 season.
Hamilton must be driver not rapper for 2016 title
The outcome of the 2016 world championship will depend in large part on whether Lewis Hamilton is sufficiently focused.
Alonso found happiness at McLaren-Honda
Fernando Alonso insists that, although ultimate success in F1 has eluded him for a decade, he has found "happiness" with the McLaren-Honda project.
Nasr admits points will be difficult in 2016
Sauber is targeting the midfield in 2016.