Latest Formula One News
JULY 16, 2026
Russell safe, but as Antonelli number two says Steiner
Gunther Steiner thinks George Russell's Mercedes future remains secure, although perhaps no longer as the team's leading driver.
Horner to Aston? Schumacher isn't convinced
Ralf Schumacher does not think Christian Horner's widely-rumoured Formula 1 comeback will be with Aston Martin.
Thursday Press Conference
Belgium GP - Thursday Press Conference
JULY 15, 2026
Bearman tipped if Verstappen leaves Red Bull
Ralf Schumacher believes Oliver Bearman would be Red Bull's first choice if Max Verstappen leaves, while also suggesting last week's high-profile meeting between Verstappen's management and Dr Helmut Marko was more likely about the Dutchman's future than a bid to bring Marko back.
Former F1 driver sceptical about V8 return
Former Formula 1 driver Jean-Louis Schlesser has joined those fiercely attacking the sport's increasingly electric direction, dismissing claims the controversial 2026 regulations make Formula 1 environmentally responsible.
Bahrain GP return now looks unlikely says Pirelli
Hopes of restoring the cancelled Bahrain GP to the 2026 calendar appear to have faded as Formula 1 grapples with renewed conflict in the Middle East.
JULY 14, 2026
Barcelona offers F1 calendar help as Turkey waits
Barcelona has offered to step in if Formula 1 needs another replacement race as the 2026 calendar comes under renewed pressure.
Alonso fears F2 could rival F1 at Spa
Fernando Alonso has warned Formula 1's controversial 2026 regulations could produce an embarrassing spectacle at Spa-Francorchamps this weekend.
JULY 13, 2026
Russell denies Mercedes favouring Antonelli
George Russell has dismissed suggestions Mercedes is giving preferential treatment to teenage teammate Kimi Antonelli amid the Italian's standout 2026 campaign.
Verstappen options narrow as Webber shuts down rumours
Max Verstappen's options for 2027 appear to be narrowing as speculation over a possible move to McLaren has been firmly played down.
Bahrain still pushing for 2026 GP return
Bahrain remains hopeful its cancelled 2026 Formula 1 grand prix can yet be reinstated, despite renewed conflict in the Gulf.
JULY 10, 2026
Campos backs Tsolov for F1 amid Racing Bulls rumours
Formula 2 title leader Nikola Tsolov is continuing to strengthen his case for a Formula 1 promotion, with his team boss saying the Red Bull junior deserves a place on the 2027 grid.
Verstappen management holds talks with Marko
Max Verstappen's future remaina the biggest talking point in Formula 1 as fresh meetings took place behind the scenes following the Dutchman's explosive British GP weekend.
BYD admits it might be interested in F1 project
Chinese automotive giant BYD has responded to mounting speculation linking the company with Formula 1.
Alpine rules out Renault engine return
Renault has ruled out reviving its Formula 1 engine program for Alpine despite growing momentum behind a return to V8 power from 2031.
Madrid confirms Ferrari tested track for F1 debut
Ferrari has become the first Formula 1 team to run on Madrid's new grand prix circuit, less than 10 weeks before the venue's debut on the world championship calendar.
JULY 9, 2026
Verstappen has lost faith in Red Bull says Ralf
The relationship between Max Verstappen and Red Bull may have reached breaking point following the British GP, according to former Formula 1 driver Ralf Schumacher.
Germany needs political backing for F1 return says Steiner
Former Haas boss Guenther Steiner says Germany will struggle to return to the Formula 1 calendar without stronger backing from both politicians and industry.
Bortoleto disagrees with Alonso over 2026 F1 criticism
Gabriel Bortoleto has broken ranks with mentor Fernando Alonso by defending Formula 1's much-criticised 2026 regulations.
JULY 8, 2026
More sprint races coming in 2027 says Domenicali
Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali has confirmed the sport will expand its sprint program from 2027.
Mateschitz losing patience with Verstappen?
Fresh reports in the Netherlands suggest tensions between Max Verstappen and Red Bull are escalating, with both sides growing increasingly frustrated as uncertainty over the Dutchman's future drags on.
FIA boss hints Horner F1 return already lined up
FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem has hinted he already knows where Christian Horner's Formula 1 comeback will take place.
Belgian GP heading for another sell-out
Formula 1's next stop at Spa-Francorchamps is on course for another sell-out, with only a handful of tickets still available for next week's Belgian GP.
Ferrari set for first F1 laps at Madrid
Ferrari looks set to become the first Formula 1 team to run at Madrid's new Madring circuit ahead of this year's inaugural Spanish GP.