Latest Formula One News

NOVEMBER 27, 2025

FIA warns over plank wear as title battle tightens

The FIA has reportedly issued an "official warning" to teams about plank wear ahead of this weekend's Qatar GP, following McLaren's double disqualification in Las Vegas.

Norris under more pressure than Verstappen says Arnoux

Former Ferrari driver Rene Arnoux believes Max Verstappen remains a real threat in the 2025 title fight, arguing the Dutchman enters the Qatar-Abu Dhabi finale with "nothing to lose" - while Lando Norris carries the weight of expectation.

Ferrari scraps Hamilton-linked F44 project amid tension

Fresh tension has emerged at Ferrari as reports in Italy claim the team has scrapped a special road-car project linked to Lewis Hamilton - the so-called "F44".

Lawson unsure of future after whirlwind season

Liam Lawson says he has "absolutely no idea" whether he will remain in Formula 1 next season.

Bottas admits Mercedes limiting Cadillac preparations

Valtteri Bottas says his unfamiliar year as Mercedes reserve has given him valuable insight for Cadillac's 2026 Formula 1 debut - but admits it would have been better if he had been free to integrate earlier.

Marko confident Red Bull engine will surprise

Dr Helmut Marko says Red Bull is satisfied with progress on its all-new 2026 Red Bull-Ford power unit, despite long-running expectations that the team will struggle in its first year as a full works engine manufacturer.

Sacked race director slams FIA over marshal incidents

Former Formula 1 race director Niels Wittich has publicly criticised the current race management after a second marshal-on-track scare in just a few weeks - this time during the Las Vegas GP.

Vowles returns to racing in Abu Dhabi

Williams boss James Vowles will return to competitive racing next month in the Gulf 12 Hours, driving a McLaren GT3 Evo for Garage 59.

NOVEMBER 26, 2025

Verstappen under least pressure for title showdown

Formula 1 heads into the final two grands prix - including a sprint in Qatar this weekend - with the championship suddenly wide open and tension rising sharply inside McLaren after Max Verstappen's Vegas win and the team's costly double disqualification.

Norris fined for post-race F-bomb after Vegas GP

Championship leader Lando Norris has been fined for swearing in his immediate post-race interview after the Las Vegas GP.

Madrid officials dismiss rumours 2026 debut at risk

Madrid authorities have moved quickly to deny Italian reports that the Spanish capital's new 'Madring' Formula 1 circuit may not be ready in time for its scheduled 2026 debut - with Imola rumoured as a possible replacement.

Schumacher embraces IndyCar despite family concerns

Mick Schumacher says he is "really happy" to be returning to single-seater racing after his 2026 IndyCar switch was confirmed - a day earlier than intended, after his new team accidentally published the press release before deleting it.

MotoGP open to racing on F1 street circuits

MotoGP boss Carmelo Ezpeleta says the motorcycle championship could one day race on certain Formula 1 street circuits - but Las Vegas is not one of them.

NOVEMBER 25, 2025

2026 could be end of Hamilton's career says Petrov

Ferrari is facing renewed pressure after another bleak weekend and increasingly downbeat comments from Lewis Hamilton, amid reports that the marque has abandoned development of the planned F44 sports car.

Red Bull to confirm 2026 lineup after Qatar, not Abu Dhabi

Red Bull's long-awaited driver decision will arrive sooner than expected, with Laurent Mekies revealing the team will announce its 2026 lineup immediately after this weekend's Qatar GP.

NOVEMBER 24, 2025

McLaren hara-kiri blows title race wide open

The Formula 1 title fight has been dramatically revived after both Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri were disqualified from the Las Vegas GP for excessive plank wear.

Aston Martin quiet on rumours Cowell to be sacked

Aston Martin is refusing to deny growing speculation that team principal Andy Cowell's position has become uncertain following a turbulent period inside the technical department.

Alonso slams Vegas and calendar, F1 CEO defends event

Fernando Alonso has launched into a strong criticism of Formula 1's Las Vegas GP, attacking both the track surface and its position on the calendar - coinciding with a firm but diplomatic rejoinder from F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali.

McLaren to get more nervous for title showdown says Jos

Max Verstappen's father and co-manager says the dramatic Las Vegas disqualifications have given his son a sudden surge of momentum - and he believes McLaren will now feel the pressure in the final two race weekends.

NOVEMBER 23, 2025

McLaren stripped of Vegas results after skid-block breach

McLaren’s Las Vegas Grand Prix weekend ended in major setback after both Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri were disqualified for excessive wear on the rear skid block, costing the team second and fourth place and tightening an already intense 2025 Formula 1 title fight.

Piastri plays down social media accident

Oscar Piastri's title hopes are collapsing as the Australian's difficult run at McLaren worsened with a subdued Las Vegas race - while teammate Lando Norris strengthened his position as championship favourite.

Red Bull hit by fresh Verstappen team exits

Max Verstappen's trusted inner crew has taken another major hit, with De Telegraaf and De Limburger reporting that three more members of his engineering team are leaving Red Bull.

Leclerc erupts, Hamilton implodes, Vasseur silent

Ferrari's season lurched deeper into open crisis in Las Vegas as Charles Leclerc unleashed one of the most brutal radio outbursts of his career - the same week chairman John Elkann told his drivers to "talk less".