Formula One News — September 2025

SEPTEMBER 3, 2025

Cadillac F1 signs Herta as test driver for 2026

The Cadillac Formula 1 Team has confirmed American racer Colton Herta as its first Test Driver as the new outfit builds towards its 2026 Formula 1 World Championship debut.

Ferrari revives 1975 spirit for Monza tribute

Scuderia Ferrari HP will celebrate the 50th anniversary of Niki Lauda’s first world championship title this weekend at the Italian Grand Prix with a special livery, retro team kit, and a host of fan-focused initiatives at Monza.

Domenicali warns Monza future not assured

Even the Italian GP at Monza may not be safe, F1 CEO Stefano Domenicali has admitted ahead of this weekend's race.

Even Verstappen podium unlikely at Monza says Marko

Dr Helmut Marko has warned that Red Bull may struggle even to reach the podium at Monza this weekend, despite the circuit's layout appearing more favourable than Zandvoort.

Domenicali admits fans confused as next V8 era looms

Formula 1 is under pressure to sell its radical 2026 engine regulations to sceptical fans - even as talks already turn to the next set of rules beyond that.

Marko tips Hadjar for Red Bull alongside Verstappen

Isack Hadjar looks increasingly destined to line up alongside Max Verstappen at Red Bull in 2026.

Bosses laugh off Verstappen swap to Racing Bulls

Fernando Alonso joked after Zandvoort that if Max Verstappen had been driving a Racing Bulls, he might already be world champion again.

Dutch royal linked to FIA presidential bid

The next FIA president could be backed by a member of the Dutch royal family.

No formal announcement needed for 2026 says Wolff

Toto Wolff has moved to finally end speculation about Mercedes' 2026 lineup, insisting both George Russell and Kimi Antonelli will remain in silver.

Domenicali signals more sprints - and reverse grids

Stefano Domenicali has dropped the clearest hint yet that Formula 1 will expand its sprint race format - and even experiment with reverse grids.

Thai GP plans hit fresh political turbulence

Thailand's high-speed push to join Formula 1's calendar is facing new political turbulence.

SEPTEMBER 2, 2025

Hadjar can't say no to Red Bull seat says Panis

Olivier Panis says Isack Hadjar's stunning Zandvoort podium proves the 20-year-old rookie has the character to succeed alongside Max Verstappen at Red Bull.

Verstappen hints at Ferrari or F1 exit for 2027

Questions are still swirling about Max Verstappen's future - with Ferrari suddenly named as a potential option for 2027.

Aston Martin denies Alonso strategy bias

Aston Martin has denied that Fernando Alonso is being hurt by consistently poor or biased strategy calls.

Does Hamilton still believe in Ferrari dream?

Lewis Hamilton's tough start to life at Ferrari took another hit with a costly crash at Zandvoort.

Lawson tells Sainz not to talk through press

Liam Lawson has defended himself after his clash with Carlos Sainz at Zandvoort - while also admitting the Spaniard's penalty may have been too harsh.

Domenicali defends Dutch GP axe after 2026

Stefano Domenicali has defended Formula 1's decision to drop popular Zandvoort from the calendar after 2026.

A lot of people want me in F1 says Palou

Indycar's dominant force Alex Palou has once again moved to quieten speculation linking him with a Formula 1 seat.

SEPTEMBER 1, 2025

Wolff admits paddock feels weird without Horner

Toto Wolff says Formula 1 feels a little emptier without his long-time rival Christian Horner.

Hadjar closes on Red Bull seat as Marko hails little Prost

All signs are pointing to Isack Hadjar joining Max Verstappen at Red Bull in 2026.

Dutch King hints at possible F1 return after 2026

Dutch king Willem-Alexander says Formula 1 could yet return to Zandvoort in the future, even as the race faces the definite axe after 2026.

Mercedes launches hunt for next German F1 star

Mercedes has teamed up with Germany's biggest motoring organisation ADAC to fully bankroll the rise of the country's next Formula 1 hopeful.

Wolff right to keep protecting Antonelli

Toto Wolff has given his clearest indication yet that Mercedes will definitely continue with George Russell and Kimi Antonelli into Formula 1's new rules era.

Furious Sainz slams Lawson and FIA after Dutch GP

Carlos Sainz's season of frustration boiled over at Zandvoort, as the Williams driver lashed out at rival Liam Lawson and the FIA stewards.