Formula One News — July 2025
JULY 21, 2025
Bearman backs Verstappen in FIA clampdown row
Oliver Bearman has sided with Max Verstappen in criticism of Formula 1's increasingly strict and inconsistent crackdown on driver conduct - both on and off the track.
Alpine admits Renault engine still a weakness
Alpine's technical director says Renault's underpowered engine continues to drag the team down in its final season as a works operation in Formula 1.
JULY 18, 2025
Ferrari not built to suit one driver says d'Ambrosio
Ferrari's 2026 car will not be built specifically for Lewis Hamilton.
Honda says Tsunoda can race for Cadillac or Haas
Honda would not stop Yuki Tsunoda from racing for a non-Honda affiliated Formula 1 team next year.
Horner responsible for own Red Bull demise says Ralf
Christian Horner was responsible for his own demise at the top of Red Bull's Formula 1 operations.
Struggling Renault tipped to offload Alpine F1 team
Staff and fans of Renault's Formula 1 team Alpine may be feeling nervous ahead of the Belgian GP next weekend.
Indycar star scoffs at Cadillac F1 rumours
Indycar star Pato O'Ward has scoffed at speculation he is high on Cadillac's list for its new-in-2026 Formula 1 team.
JULY 17, 2025
Hamilton and Leclerc try out major Ferrari upgrade
Both Lewis Hamilton and Charles Leclerc are getting a preview of a major rear suspension upgrade for their 2025 Ferrari this week.
African stability a factor in F1 race deal
"Stability" in a potential host country of an African GP is an important consideration, FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem insists.
Red Bull cannot retain Honda power in 2026
Mohammed Ben Sulayem may be keeping hopes for a return to loud V8 power alive, but Formula 1's engine manufacturers are fully focused on 2026.
Red Bull will not block Verstappen exit?
Red Bull will not stand in the way in the event Max Verstappen wants to jump ship to Mercedes.
McLaren to approach FIA over speech issue
Andrea Stella says he will chat to the FIA about how to restore the Formula 1 drivers' freedom to speak.
Vettel declares F1 race career over
Sebastian Vettel has declared his Formula 1 career to be "over".
JULY 16, 2025
Verstappen-Wolff holiday a coincidence
F1 legend Gerhard Berger is not convinced that Max Verstappen really is seriously contemplating a move to Mercedes.
Ferrari preparing for last major upgrade of 2025
Amid speculation and scrutiny, Ferrari's preparations for the second half of the 2025 season are firmly underway.
Red Bull said no to Vettel replacing Marko
It is "unlikely" that Sebastian Vettel will be taking over from Dr Helmut Marko at Red Bull any time soon.
JULY 15, 2025
Cadillac tipped to sign driver before summer break
The driver 'silly season' for the 2026 Formula 1 season is revving into a high gear.
Prost admits Piastri is like him
Formula 1 legend Alain Prost admits he is impressed with the sport's current championship leader, Oscar Piastri.
Audi not an option for Horner?
A brief rumour that another option had emerged for the newly-sacked Christian Horner has been shot down.
Stroll should apologise for radio rant says Ralf
Lance Stroll is once again facing hefty criticism for his behaviour.
JULY 14, 2025
Big decisions looming for Red Bull's new F1 boss
Christian Horner was sacked last week, but all eyes remain on the former Red Bull boss and the "new chapter" at the Formula 1 team.
FIA boss insists relationship with Verstappen is good
The FIA's reigning president insists he has a "good" relationship with Max Verstappen.
Berger unsure Mekies has Horner's killer instinct
\Christian Horner's "idiot" behaviour contributed to his demise at Red Bull, his close friend and confidante Bernie Ecclestone admits.
Radical 2026 rules very stimulating says Newey
Adrian Newey says he is finding the challenge of designing a car for radical new Formula 1 regulations "incredibly motivating".