Formula One News — May 2021
MAY 7, 2021
Friday Report - Topped Two
Spanish GP - Friday Report
Friday Photos
Spanish GP - Friday Photos
Friday Press Conference
Spanish GP - Friday Press Conference
Friday Team Quotes
Spanish GP - Friday Team Quotes
Practice 2 Results
Spanish GP - Practice 2 Results
Practice 1 Results
Spanish GP - Practice 1 Results
New battlefield opens between Red Bull, Mercedes
A "new battlefield" has opened up in Mercedes' championship fight with Red Bull.
Bottas adds expletive to Mercedes axe rumours
Valtteri Bottas had an expletive ready when he was asked in Barcelona about rumours he could be about to be replaced by George Russell.
Alonso also hurt knee, shoulder in cycling crash
Fernando Alonso is back at "almost 100 percent" in the wake of his pre-season cycling crash.
Aston Martin demoralised under Stroll reign
Engineers at Aston Martin have become "extremely demoralised" after new team owner Lawrence Stroll's fast-track plan for a competitive car backfired.
Perez hopes for Red Bull contract extension
Sergio Perez says it's "too early" to consider whether Red Bull will keep him on board for 2022.
Mazepin to use criticism to his advantage
Nikita Mazepin says he will use intense criticism of his enemies to his "advantage" as he continues his troubled first season in Formula 1.
MAY 6, 2021
Wolff says Bottas-Russell swap rumours nonsense
Toto Wolff has dismissed as "nonsense" reports suggesting he may replace Valtteri Bottas with George Russell before the end of the 2021 season.
Promoter not ready to confirm Russia GP switch
The promoter of the annual Russian GP has refused to confirm or deny speculation that the race will be relocated from Sochi to a new circuit in St Petersburg in 2022.
Ecclestone slams F1 sprint qualifying format
Bernie Ecclestone says Formula 1's new sprint qualifying format is "complete nonsense".
MAY 5, 2021
Grosjean to test Hamilton’s Mercedes
Romain Grosjean, after retiring from F1 following his dramatic accident at last year’s Bahrain Grand Prix, will make a special one-off test with Mercedes next month.
Hamilton the stand-out 2021 driver so far
Lewis Hamilton is already emerging as the standout driver of the 2021 season, according to Ferrari driver Carlos Sainz.
Sainz learning to ignore criticism in F1
Carlos Sainz says he is learning to ignore those who criticise Formula 1 drivers.
2022 Russia GP venue switch confirmed then denied
The relocation of the Russian GP became semi-official late on Tuesday - before the information was quickly denied.
Spectators to attend Spanish, Monaco GPs
Spectators will be watching from the grandstands at the next two grands prix in Spain and Monaco.
Not many changes for Ferrari in 2021
A new floor will still not be added to Ferrari's race package this weekend in Barcelona.
F1 says Barcelona staying on calendar
Formula 1 has made it "very clear" that Barcelona's future on the annual calendar is not in doubt, according to Carlos Sainz.
MAY 4, 2021
Red Bull won't abandon Verstappen's 2021 chances
Dr Helmut Marko says Red Bull will not abandon development of its 2021 car - even with the radical new 2022 technical regulations now looming large in Formula 1.
Abiteboul back in F1 with Alpine-linked company
Cyril Abiteboul will remain connected with the world of Formula 1.