Formula One News — March 2019

MARCH 14, 2019

2019 make or break for Vettel says Villeneuve

2019 is "make or break" for Sebastian Vettel.

MARCH 13, 2019

Dirty air

Prior to the start of the first race, here is reminder of the rule changes for the 2019 Formula season

Ricciardo ready to be beaten by Red Bull

Daniel Ricciardo says he knows his old team Red Bull is likely to beat him this weekend in Melbourne.

Ecclestone plays down F1 return rumours

Bernie Ecclestone has played down suggestions he might make a return to formula one.

McLaren needs new team boss says Ecclestone

Bernie Ecclestone says both Williams and McLaren need new management.

Wolff had eye on Ricciardo for 2019

Only a spike in form for Valtteri Bottas last year ended Daniel Ricciardo's 2019 talks with Mercedes.

Todt wants two more teams in F1

Jean Todt says he would like F1 to have two more teams.

Verstappen now mature and patient says Marko

Max Verstappen has matured over the winter.

Giovinazzi must be careful early in 2019 says Trulli

Another driver has urged Antonio Giovinazzi to take it steady in 2019.

Hard for Gasly in Team Verstappen says Villeneuve

Pierre Gasly needs to look good alongside Max Verstappen in 2019.

Beating Michael's records not easy for Hamilton

It will not be easy for Lewis Hamilton to break Michael Schumacher's record tally of seven world championships.

Verstappen fairly relaxed for 2019 opener

Max Verstappen has confirmed his boss's view about his maturity and patience in 2019.

Fully motivated Newey barely sleeps

Adrian Newey is back at "full throttle" in formula one.

Vettel lacked support in 2018

Sebastian Vettel now has the support he needs to win the title for Ferrari.

Podium drought may not end in 2019 says Hulkenberg

Nico Hulkenberg admits it is possible his podium drought could be extended even further in 2019.

Wolff wants Lauda return as soon as possible

Toto Wolff says he wants Niki Lauda to return to the paddock "as soon as possible".

Ricciardo refused to be number two to Verstappen says Hill

1996 world champion Damon Hill has backed Daniel Ricciardo's Red Bull exit.

Kvyat not ruling out Red Bull comeback

Daniil Kvyat is not ruling out a shock return to Red Bull Racing.

MARCH 12, 2019

A replay for Alonso

Fernando Alonso is going to do something this weekend he has not done since he started racing in F1 – watch a F1 Grand Prix race on TV – but he will not see the race live on TV but rather he will have to wait for the replay.

Binotto admits he almost quit Ferrari

Mattia Binotto says it is Mercedes who should be regarded as the favourites heading into the 2019 season.

Future tweaks to Melbourne circuit possible

Australian grand prix organiser Andrew Westacott has revealed tweaks could be made to the Melbourne circuit for the future.

Verstappen says no win for Red Bull-Honda in Australia

Max Verstappen has played down his chances of winning this weekend's 2019 season opener.

Renault can afford to pay Ricciardo

Renault "can afford" to pay Daniel Ricciardo a front-running salary.

Williams exit gives Stroll hope again

Lance Stroll says he is much happier after leaving Williams.