Formula One News — July 2016

JULY 12, 2016

Todt happy with F1 at present

FIA president Jean Todt says he is happy with formula one at the moment.

McLaren wants Alonso to stay says Boullier

McLaren boss Eric Boullier says he has no doubt about wanting Fernando Alonso to remain a part of the Honda-powered project.

Ricciardo's smile now on Verstappen's face'

A season and a half into his meteoric F1 career so far, Max Verstappen is continuing to impress.

F1 legends tip Hamilton to win title

Two experienced veterans of the world of formula one are tipping Lewis Hamilton to win a third consecutive world championship in 2016.

Top three to have 2017 tyre advantage says Symonds

Pat Symonds thinks F1's three top teams will get an advantage by spearheading the track development of the new, bigger Pirelli tyres for 2017.

Italian press sees Ferrari in crisis again

The Italian press thinks Ferrari has entered another period of "crisis".

Nasr now sees future for Sauber team

Sauber has leapt back into contention to retain Felipe Nasr for 2017, after it had looked like the Brazilian was losing patience.

JULY 11, 2016

Race Report - Home Alone

British GP - Race Report - By Dan Knutson in Silverstone

Radio ban making waves again after Rosberg penalty

F1's controversial ban on radio instructions is making waves again, as world champion Lewis Hamilton moved to within a single point of the title lead on Sunday.

No panic as Ferrari says title fight still on

While Sebastian Vettel is urging Ferrari not to "panic", boss Maurizio Arrivabene says the team must quickly resolve its issues before Hungary.

Bottas likely to stay at Williams says Salo

Valtteri Bottas looks set to stay at Williams next year, according to former F1 driver Mika Salo.

Sainz rejects Renault seat trade rumours

Carlos Sainz and Toro Rosso have rejected the latest speculation about the Spaniard's future in F1.

Safety car start criticised after Silverstone

Drivers are split over whether Sunday's British grand prix should have been started behind the safety car.

JULY 10, 2016

Rosberg penalised for radio instructions

Nico Rosberg has lost second place today, after he was handed a 10-second penalty after the race for receiving instructions by his team on the radio during the race.

Race Notes - Hamilton wins third British GP in a row

British GP - Race Notes - By Mark Karp

Sunday Photos

British GP - Sunday Photos

Sunday Press Conference

British GP - Sunday Press Conference

Sunday Team Quotes

British GP - Sunday Team Quotes

Race Results (revised)

British GP - Race Results

Another crash could mean Mercedes driver banned says Wolff

Toto Wolff says another collision between Mercedes drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg could result in the imposition of team orders or even race bans.

McLaren-Honda to fight Mercedes in 2017 says Alonso

Fernando Alonso has switched his focus to 2017, reassured that he made the right decision to build up the new McLaren-Honda project over three years.

Raikkonen negotiated new deal alone says manager

Kimi Raikkonen negotiated his new Ferrari contract without the assistance of his long-time manager.

Verstappen progress still impressing F1 paddock

Max Verstappen is continuing to impress the F1 paddock with his meteoric rise to F1 stardom.

Ferrari no longer Mercedes main rival says Ecclestone

Red Bull has overtaken Ferrari as the new main challenger for Mercedes in F1.