Formula One News — June 2016

JUNE 10, 2016

Practice 2 Results

Canadian GP - Practice 2 Results

Practice 1 Report - Monaco streaker in Montreal

Canadian GP - Practice 1 Report<br /> By Dan Knutson in Montreal

Practice 1 Results

Canadian GP - Practice 1 Results

Red Bull brings short nose, new procedures to Canada

A new, shorter nose is not the only change Red Bull has made ahead of the Canadian grand prix.

Rosberg contract talks about Mercedes strategy

The first sign of trouble in Nico Rosberg's negotiations with Mercedes has emerged.

Vettel has nothing against Ricciardo as teammate

Sebastian Vettel on Thursday said he would not mind being reunited in a team with Daniel Ricciardo.

Bottas quiet amid early driver silly season

Valtteri Bottas is keeping quiet amid early rumblings that, as in 2015, he could play a role in this year's driver movement 'silly season'.

Too early to reveal 2017 driver plans says Arrivabene

Maurizio Arrivabene has dropped yet another hint that Ferrari is seriously contemplating keeping Kimi Raikkonen in the team beyond 2016.

Verstappen denies feeling pressure after Monaco

Max Verstappen has played down suggestions his crash to earth in Monaco a fortnight ago has ramped up the pressure of his recent move to Red Bull.

Le Mans winner not eyeing F1 switch

A reigning winner of the fabled 24 hours of Le Mans says he is not keen on pushing for an opportunity to race in formula one.

Heineken could boost Monza's contract chances

A swig of Heineken with an Italian twist could have boosted Monza's chances of staying on the F1 calendar.

Kvyat denies need for psychologist

Daniil Kvyat has played down suggestions he might benefit from employing a psychologist.

Honda improving faster than McLaren says Merhi

Former F1 driver Roberto Merhi thinks McLaren's engine supplier is making more progress than the British team so far in 2016.

JUNE 9, 2016

Thursday Press Conference

Canadian GP - Thursday Press Conference

Stroll says Bottas and Massa's contracts expiring

Lance Stroll has admitted to eyeing a potential vacancy at the Williams team for 2017.

Montreal far from in decline

Amid declining television and spectator numbers, Canada is one of F1's exceptions.

Sober F1 no longer excessive says Villeneuve

Jacques Villeneuve prefers the "excessive" F1 of the past, compared to today's "sober" equivalent.

Grosjean admits to eyeing Raikkonen's seat

Romain Grosjean has admitted he would not turn down the chance to replace Kimi Raikkonen at Ferrari.

2017 very important for Alonso, McLaren and F1

Fernando Alonso says 2017 will be an "important year" for many reasons.

Red Bull to stay ahead of Ferrari says Verstappen

Max Verstappen says he is confident Red Bull will stay ahead of Ferrari for a third consecutive race this weekend in Canada.

Alonso admits Ferrari has improved since 2014

Fernando Alonso says his former team Ferrari has improved since 2014.

Four F1 drivers among Forbes 100 highest-paid athletes

Forbes, the respected American business magazine, has named Lewis Hamilton the highest-earning driver in formula one.

JUNE 8, 2016

Arrivabene hints Raikkonen to stay

Maurizio Arrivabene has indicated Ferrari intends to keep Kimi Raikkonen at the team beyond 2016.

F1 excited by Baku despite human rights pressure

Bernie Ecclestone is being asked to speak out about human rights, just over a week before formula one sets up camp for the first time in Azerbaijan.