Formula One News — June 2016
JUNE 2, 2016
Sainz plays down Ferrari switch rumours
Carlos Sainz has dismissed talk he could be F1's next Ferrari driver as "nothing but rumours".
F1 teams EU complaint making progress says Kaltenborn
A complaint filed by two disgruntled F1 teams continues to make progress within the organisation of the European Commission.
Honda upgrade no revolution says Boullier
Eric Boullier has warned that Honda will not be unveiling a "revolution" when it is ready with a new specification of its F1 power unit.
Alonso at end of his F1 career thinks Piquet
Fernando Alonso is edging towards the end of his formula one career, according to former Renault teammate Nelson Piquet jr.
Ecclestone world's best negotiator
Monza's failure so far to ink a new F1 race contract for 2017 and beyond is in part due to Bernie Ecclestone's negotiating tactics.
Maldonado looking to restart F1 career
Pastor Maldonado has confirmed rumours he is "looking for a way" back into formula one.
Drivers afraid to criticise F1 over Bianchi death
F1 drivers are afraid to speak publicly about mistakes made by the sport's authorities that led to the crash and subsequent death of Jules Bianchi.
Mick Schumacher needs more time than Max
Mick Schumacher needs more time than Max Verstappen did to develop into an F1-ready driver.
JUNE 1, 2016
Arrivabene eyes step forward for Canada
Ferrari is eyeing a step forward for Canada, after not only failing to catch Mercedes but even falling behind Red Bull at the last two races.
Alonso says Honda engine upgrade coming for Canada
McLaren and Honda have played down Fernando Alonso's claim that the decision to take an upgraded engine to Canada next weekend has already been taken.
Doornbos warns Ricciardo over emotional rhetoric
Former Red Bull driver Robert Doornbos has advised Daniel Ricciardo to tone down his post-race rhetoric in the wake of the Monaco grand prix.
Pundits disagree over Rosberg team orders
Two F1 pundits disagree over whether Nico Rosberg did the right thing by obeying team orders during the Monaco grand prix.
Prost admits mixed feelings about Haas
Alain Prost has admitted to having mixed feelings about F1's newest team.
Monza eyeing four year F1 deal
Monza chief Angelo Sticchi Damiani has confirmed that negotiations over the details of a new F1 race contract are now taking place.
Villeneuve slams safety car start in Monaco
Jacques Villeneuve has slammed F1's race director for starting the 'jewel in the crown' Monaco race last Sunday behind the safety car.
F1 right to trade sexy for safety says Magnussen
F1 must defer to "safety" over "sexy" when it comes to preventing more deaths, according to Kevin Magnussen.
Doornbos tips Verstappen to bounce back
Max Verstappen has been tipped to bounce back from a dire weekend in Monaco, just a fortnight after making history with his astonishing Barcelona win.