Formula One News — March 2016

MARCH 18, 2016

Practice 2 Report - The Insiders

Australian GP - Practice 2 Report

Whiting scolds Hamilton for missing meetings

Charlie Whiting has scolded world champion Lewis Hamilton for failing to attend key meetings.

Vettel hopes Margherita wears crown in 2016

Sebastian Vettel's 2016 car is named after a crown-wearing queen, not a pizza.

Hitzinger linked with Red Bull F1 engine foray

Rumours that Red Bull could build its own F1 engine are firing yet again.

Whiting plays down Red Bull's halo alternative

F1's governing body is determined to push ahead with the controversial 'halo' cockpit protection system.

Secret tyre debut leaves F1 teams angry?

F1 teams are reportedly angry that Pirelli introduced a new tyre late last year without telling them.

Wolff's season hits snag at paddock gates

The start of Toto Wolff's 2016 campaign hit a roadblock even before he entered the paddock gates in Melbourne.

Toro Rosso drivers eye Kvyat's Red Bull seat

The 2016 Toro Rosso could be the perfect tool for its drivers to make their case for a move to the premier team Red Bull Racing for 2017.

Drivers say Honda not McLaren's only problem

It is not just the Honda engine that is holding McLaren back, champion drivers Fernando Alonso and Jenson Button revealed in Melbourne.

Friday Press Conference

Australian GP - Friday Press Conference

Massa admits Williams not in title fight

Felipe Massa has acknowledged that Williams will not get involved in the title fight between Mercedes and Ferrari in 2016.

Friday Team Quotes

Australian GP - Friday Team Quotes

Mercedes shakes up drivers F1 garage crews

Mercedes has mixed up the crews of mechanics and engineers working on the German team's two sides of the garage.

Sainz refuses to join F1 rule criticism negativity

Carlos Sainz has refused to join the criticism of the latest rule changes in formula one.

Afraid drivers should quit F1 says Villeneuve

Jacques Villeneuve has slammed F1 drivers who are calling loudly for the introduction of the 'halo' cockpit protection system.

Magnussen backs Friday outings for Ocon

Kevin Magnussen has backed Renault's decision to give new third driver Esteban Ocon some Friday practice outings in 2016.

Toro Rosso's Sainz survived Cepsa departure

Carlos Sainz says he is happy to have survived the departure from Toro Rosso of the major Spanish sponsor Cepsa.

Friday Photos

Australian GP - Friday Photos

Practice 2 Results

Australian GP - Practice 2 Results

MARCH 17, 2016

Practice 1 Report - Rainy Round One

Australian GP - Practice 1 Report

Practice 1 Results

Australian GP - Practice 1 Results

Thursday Press Conference

Australian GP - Thursday Press Conference

Red Bull-Aston Martin deal confirmed

As reported earlier, Aston Martin is entering formula one with Red Bull.

2016 feature not working as planned says Pirelli

Paul Hembery on Thursday admitted Pirelli's efforts to design tyres that reach a sudden grip 'cliff' did not work out as planned for 2016.