Formula One News — February 2016

FEBRUARY 4, 2016

Renault chance even better than McLaren says Magnussen

Kevin Magnussen's father thinks the new Renault adventure has even more potential than if the 23-year-old had been retained by McLaren.

F1 sponsor hails Magnussen's return

A Danish businessman has hailed Kevin Magnussen's return to F1.

Ghosn wants Renault return for Alonso

Carlos Ghosn on Wednesday did not hide that enticing Fernando Alonso back to the new works Renault team is an objective.

2016 right time to enter F1 says Vasseur

The sport's newest team boss, Frederic Vasseur, said 2016 is the right time for him to enter the world of formula one.

F1 to scrap engine token system says Abiteboul

F1's complex and controversial engine development 'token' system will be scrapped for 2017.

Toro Rosso still on schedule for test debut

Toro Rosso remains "on schedule" to debut its 2016 car on the first day of Barcelona testing.

Red Bull to get technical equality says Renault

Red Bull will enjoy the very same equipment as the Renault works team in 2016, the French carmaker has assured.

Jorda has no problem with Ocon deal

A surprise face at the Renault launch on Wednesday belonged to Carmen Jorda.

F1 pushing ahead with halo, faster tyres for 2017

F1 will press ahead with its plans to protect the drivers' cockpits in 2017, according to Alex Wurz.

FEBRUARY 3, 2016

Renault may change black livery by Melbourne

Renault on Wednesday revealed a black livery for its return as a works F1 team.

Manor not an option for Maldonado says manager

Pastor Maldonado's manager has played down speculation the Venezuelan might rescue his tattered F1 career by joining Manor in 2016.

Williams signs simulator driver Paffett

Williams has signed up former long-time McLaren test driver Gary Paffett.

Marchionne wanted Alfa Romeo deal for Toro Rosso

Fiat Chrysler president Sergio Marchionne wanted Toro Rosso to be powered by Alfa Romeo-branded engines in 2016.

F1's big names attend key Milan meeting

A landmark meeting starring the biggest names in formula one took place in Milan on Tuesday.

Force India to lose co-owner, title sponsor Sahara

Force India looks set to lose its major co-owner and title sponsor Sahara.

FEBRUARY 2, 2016

Maldonado out, Ocon reserve, Wehrlein for Manor?

Pastor Maldonado has confirmed rampant speculation that he has lost his race seat in formula one.

New Toro Rosso one second faster says Verstappen

Toro Rosso's new car is up to a second per lap faster than its 2015 predecessor.

Teammate Chilton cannot watch Bianchi footage

Despite two recent tragedies, former F1 driver Max Chilton is pressing ahead with his career in motor racing.

Force India signs billionaire's son

The father of a young Russian driver signed up by Force India for 2016 is a billionaire.

F1 moves to Milan for more future talks

A meeting last Friday broke with formula one no closer to determining the shape of its future.

Force India eyeing Williams in standings

Force India should set its 2016 sights on F1's third force Williams.

FEBRUARY 1, 2016

Honda not match fit for 2015 return says Arai

Honda's F1 chief Yasuhisa Arai has admitted the Japanese marque struggled with a 'lack of match sharpness' as it returned to the grid in 2015.

Haas to share reserve driver with Ferrari

Haas, the new American F1 team, has no plans to appoint a full-time reserve driver.

Fans will spot Ferrari car changes says Vettel

Sebastian Vettel admits a seasoned eye will quickly recognise the changes made to Ferrari's F1 car for 2016.