Formula One News — October 2015

OCTOBER 7, 2015

Todt defends F1's Le Mans clash for 2016

FIA president Jean Todt has defended a controversial clash on next year's F1 calendar.

Bottas' career could stagnate at Williams says Kovalainen

Valtteri Bottas risks watching his F1 career stagnate at Williams, fellow Finn Heikki Kovalainen has warned.

OCTOBER 6, 2015

Ferrari plays down Sochi hopes

Ferrari is not counting on having another Singapore-like showing this weekend at Sochi.

Red Bull engine deal not Wolff's decision says Horner

Christian Horner has revealed that talks with two manufacturers are taking place as Red Bull continues to work on its engine supplier crisis.

Mercedes wary of slump in Russia

A slightly nervous Mercedes is preparing for this weekend's Russian grand prix.

Mercedes huge F1 loss was priceless

Mercedes lost millions as it dominantly won last year's world championships.

OCTOBER 5, 2015

Alonso will not take sabbatical says Sainz

Fernando Alonso says he can be misunderstood by the public.

F1's three-car future known next month

Bernie Ecclestone insists he is not worried F1 could be left with a diminished grid for the start of the 2016 season next March.

TV must not be F1's only platform says Zetsche

Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche has called on formula one to up its game in the 21st century.

Most top teams targeting Verstappen says Ecclestone

Max Verstappen must not be left without a race seat in formula one.

Andretti warns F1 against revolution

Mario Andretti has warned formula one against going overboard as it looks to the future.

Wehrlein not denying Manor rumours

Pascal Wehrlein is not denying suggestions he is now in pole position to make his F1 debut next year.

OCTOBER 2, 2015

Michelin still in running for 2017 deal?

Michelin is reportedly back in the running to become F1's sole tyre supplier from 2017.

Button now eyeing F1 deal for 2017

Jenson Button might not be ready to retire even after the 2016 season.

Sainz hopes Red Bull engine crisis over soon

Carlos Sainz has admitted to some nervousness about Red Bull's F1 crisis.

Haas caught off-guard by early season start

Bernie Ecclestone's re-jigged calendar for 2016 is ruffling a few feathers this week.

Alguersuari quits motor racing for music career

Former F1 driver Jaime Alguersuari has retired from motor racing at the age of 25.

Jorda admits Lotus test on back-burner for now

Carmen Jorda has admitted her "dream" of actually driving a formula one car has been put on the back-burner for now.

OCTOBER 1, 2015

Button staying at McLaren

McLaren has ended speculation about Jenson Button's future by announcing on Thursday that the Briton is staying at the Honda-powered team in 2016.

Manor confirms Mercedes power deal for 2016

Mercedes on Thursday confirmed speculation the British backmarker Manor will use the German marque's 'power unit' from 2016.

FIA releases new version of 2016 calendar

On Wednesday the FIA released a new version of the 2016 Formula One schedule, which features 21 races with a new race in Azerbaijan, and adds Germany back to the calendar after it's absence this year.

Dennis admits he tried Button pay-cut

Jenson Button will next year earn the full $18 million promised to him in his existing contract.

F1 turns up volume, no Le Mans for Hulkenberg

F1 has introduced a new technical rule that should turn up the volume for 2016.

Calmer waters for McLaren after Suzuka turmoil

McLaren has raced into calmer waters in the wake of the team's tumultuous weekend in Japan.