Formula One News — September 2015

SEPTEMBER 24, 2015

Thursday Press Conference

Japanese GP - Thursday Press Conference

Kvyat not worried about F1 future

Daniil Kvyat on Thursday insisted he is not worried about the future -- not his own, nor that of his Red Bull team.

Pirelli, Hamilton reject Singapore conspiracies

Pirelli on Thursday moved to dismiss a conspiracy theory about Mercedes' mysterious loss of performance last week in Singapore.

Mercedes car not designed for Singapore says Lowe

Mercedes sounded a little wiser on Thursday about its mysterious performance slump of Singapore.

Lotus' struggles laid bare, no news on Button retirement

Lotus' financial woes were laid literally bare at Suzuka on Thursday.

Force India ends Perez-to-Renault rumours

Force India has ended speculation it may lose Sergio Perez and his Mexican backing to the new Renault works team in 2016.

Teams still arguing over Pirelli tyre test

F1 teams are reportedly still arguing over whether Pirelli's new 'ultra soft' compound for the 2016 season will be tested in Abu Dhabi after the November season finale.

Vettel dangerous to Mercedes title charge says Lauda

Ahead of the Japanese grand prix, Niki Lauda has admitted to some concern about Mercedes' mysterious performance slump just days ago in Singapore.

McLaren at Honda's HQ for crisis talks

McLaren is holding so-called 'crisis talks' ahead of struggling Honda's home grand prix in Japan.

Bianchi's father cannot watch Japanese GP

One year on, as F1 returns to the scene of the first ultimately-fatal crash since Ayrton Senna's in 1994, Jules Bianchi's father admitted he will not be watching the Japanese grand prix.

Always hope despite latest Schumacher reports

The late Jules Bianchi's father has urged the world not to lose hope about the recovery of F1 legend Michael Schumacher.

Lotus locked out of hospitality at Suzuka

As the rest of the paddock prepared for the Japanese grand prix, Lotus was locked out of its hospitality unit at Suzuka.

SEPTEMBER 23, 2015

Surer understands if Button quits F1

Former F1 driver Marc Surer says he can understand rumours Jenson Button is ready to call time on his 16-year formula one career.

Honda could supply Toro Rosso in 2016?

A big talking point heading into the Japanese grand prix is whether Red Bull will be able to secure a new engine deal.

Red Bull pressuring Ferrari for rescue engine deal

Red Bull is stepping up its F1 quit threat by putting pressure on the sport's authorities, and potential supplier Ferrari.

Hamilton has no confidence of Suzuka comeback

Lewis Hamilton was giving mixed messages this week in the wake of Mercedes' mysterious Singapore slump.

Sutil expecting poignant return to Suzuka

F1's return to Suzuka will be particularly poignant for Adrian Sutil.

Hakkinen sympathises with Mercedes Singapore slump

Mika Hakkinen says Mercedes' performance problem of Singapore is perhaps not as unique as it seemed.

Mercedes must think about team orders says Wolff

After Mercedes' mysterious performance slump of Singapore, boss Toto Wolff is no longer ruling out team orders.

Prost not buying Renault works team stake

Alain Prost has played down reports he is set to return to F1 as a team owner.

Hakkinen backs Verstappen after team order

Mika Hakkinen says he is increasingly impressed with F1's teenage sensation Max Verstappen.

SEPTEMBER 22, 2015

Perez set for 2016 Lotus switch?

Sergio Perez is set to be unveiled as the second Lotus driver for 2016, Italy's La Gazzetta dello Sport is reporting on Tuesday.

Red Bull did not push for Mercedes power says Lauda

Red Bull did not push hard for a supply of Mercedes engines, the German team's chairman and F1 legend Niki Lauda says.

Wolff mentions conspiracy theory after Mercedes slump

Although immediately dismissing it, Toto Wolff admits even he contemplated a conspiracy theory amid Mercedes' mysteriously-bad Singapore grand prix.