Formula One News — August 2015
AUGUST 11, 2015
Teams critical of race-start clampdown
F1 engineers are concerned that the FIA's mid-season clampdown on race start procedures has not been properly thought through.
AUGUST 10, 2015
Media to blame for bad image says Maldonado
Pastor Maldonado says his bad reputation is the fault of journalists who are scrabbling for news.
Ecclestone gives green light to Finland GP?
Finland could be the next new stop on the F1 calendar in the near future.
Button on track for Spa after robbery
Jenson Button is back on track after his robbery scare a week ago.
Verstappen still not listening to criticism
Max Verstappen is keeping his focus on the track, amid continuing criticism of his approach to formula one.
Bianchi death brought drivers closer together says Massa
Felipe Massa says the death of fellow driver Jules Bianchi has brought the group of current F1 drivers closer together.
McLaren denies Vandoorne reports
McLaren has denied reports that an announcement about the Honda-powered team's driver plans for 2016 is now imminent.
AUGUST 7, 2015
Button gassed, robbed on vacation
Jenson Button was gassed and robbed as he holidayed with his wife in France, the Briton's spokesman has confirmed.
Toro Rosso hoping to keep James Key
Toro Rosso is hoping to hang onto its increasingly highly-rated technical boss James Key.
F1 revolution could be delayed to 2018
F1's planned technical revolution for 2017 may be delayed, the German magazine Auto Motor und Sport reports.
Mercedes team wins Bandini trophy
Mercedes will receive this year's edition of the prestigious Trofeo Lorenzo Bandini.
Yamaha could give Hamilton MotoGP test
Lewis Hamilton's dream of testing a MotoGP bike might soon come true.
Medical issue stops Alguersuari's career
Former F1 driver Jaime Alguersuari's motor racing career has come to a halt for now.
Vandoorne to replace Button in 2016?
Stoffel Vandoorne will be Fernando Alonso's new teammate at McLaren-Honda next year.
Massa says 2016 Williams deal still not done
Felipe Massa is still hopeful he will be retained by Williams for the 2016 season.
Partner says Raikkonen is no Iceman at home
Kimi Raikkonen is not 'The Iceman' behind closed doors, his partner Minttu Virtanen insists.
Verstappen learned nothing from Monaco crash says Massa
Felipe Massa fears Max Verstappen has learned nothing after his big crash in Monaco earlier this year.
AUGUST 6, 2015
Honda admits F1 return harder than expected
Honda has admitted it underestimated the difficulty of its return to formula one this year.
Teams disagree over super-super-soft tyre test
The F1 teams cannot agree over where to test Pirelli's new 'super super-soft' tyre for 2016.
Ferrari facing penalties for fifth engine in 2015
Mercedes looks set to be the only manufacturer on the grid that will reach the chequered flag this year on the long-life engine rules.
AUGUST 5, 2015
Lauda doubts Bianchi tribute caused Hamilton slump
Niki Lauda has played down suggestions the Jules Bianchi tragedy may have contributed to Lewis Hamilton's bad performance in Hungary.
Goal of catching Mercedes still on track says Vettel
While Ferrari is looking up the road to pacesetters Mercedes, Williams says the fabled Italian team should also be watching over its shoulder.
Symonds slams Ferrari over Bottas rumours
Pat Symonds has hit out at Ferrari, accusing the Italian team of triggering the speculation about Valtteri Bottas' future.
Only Ferrari offered full support says Haas
Other engine manufacturers were not willing to match Ferrari's offer when Haas was looking to set up its F1 entry for 2016.