Formula One News — April 2015

APRIL 17, 2015

Massa's glass is half full in 2015

For Felipe Massa, 2015 so far is like a glass half-full.

Ericsson happy to put Caterham in the past

More than a year into his F1 career, Marcus Ericsson is happy to finally have an outlet to show his potential.

Manor drivers hope 2015 car can be ready soon

Will Stevens is looking forward to getting at the wheel of an all-new Manor, so that he can race against more than one rival.

APRIL 16, 2015

Hamilton plays down post-China controversies

Lewis Hamilton on Thursday tried to draw a line under two controversies that have been swirling over the past week.

Thursday Press Conference

Bahrain GP - Thursday Press Conference

Verstappen not for sale says Marko

Max Verstappen is not for sale, Red Bull driver manager Dr Helmut Marko insisted on Thursday.

Ferrari set to shine in Bahrain heat

Eyes will be on the skies on Thursday as the F1 world pushes through the Bahrain paddock gates.

Ecclestone approves human rights policy for F1

Bernie Ecclestone has made a sharp U-turn on his approach to this year's Bahrain grand prix.

Mercedes denies blocking engine rule changes

Mercedes has hit back at Bernie Ecclestone's claim the German carmaker is "killing" formula one.

Drivers criticise Rosberg for Shanghai spat

Nico Rosberg is not backing down after accusing his teammate Lewis Hamilton of driving too slowly en route to victory in China last Sunday.

Alonso in top shape for years to come says trainer

Fernando Alonso will be in top physical shape for years to come, according to his trainer.

Podium model plays down spraygate

Spraygate could come to a screeching halt after the podium model at the centre of the saga played down the controversy.

Verstappen can be future world champion says Tost

Max Verstappen is on the road to becoming world champion.

Hulkenberg admits to hardest time in F1 career

Nico Hulkenberg has admitted he will have to keep treading water at Force India for some weeks to come.

APRIL 15, 2015

Different dramas for Mercedes driving duo

Mercedes' race drivers were dealing with very different dramas in the quick-fire hop between China and Bahrain.

McLaren backs Alonso

McLaren is standing firmly behind its new star driver Fernando Alonso.

Rosberg not planning more Hamilton talks

Nico Rosberg says he has no intention of speaking again about the Shanghai incident with Lewis Hamilton.

No quick fix for Renault piston fault

A fault with the piston design of Renault's 2015 engine has been identified, according to the French broadcaster Canal Plus.

Kolles blasts FIA over F1's massive problem

Former team boss Colin Kolles has pointed the finger squarely at F1's governing body over a "massive regulations problem" within the sport.

Raikkonen on track for 2016 Ferrari deal

Kimi Raikkonen is on track to securing a deal to stay at Ferrari beyond 2015.

Stuck slams Ecclestone over German GP demise

Racing legend Hans-Joachim Stuck has slammed Bernie Ecclestone over the demise of the German grand prix.

Bianchi signed Sauber contract at Suzuka says Kolles

Jules Bianchi might have raced a Sauber in 2015, it has emerged.

APRIL 14, 2015

Hamilton tells Rosberg to race him

Lewis Hamilton has urged his teammate to get into the "racing" spirit and try to take him on next time around.

Sandstorm hits Bahrain

A sandstorm has welcomed the world of formula one to Bahrain.