Formula One News — March 2015

MARCH 23, 2015

Kaltenborn admits mistakes in van der Garde saga

Monisha Kaltenborn has broken her silence on the Giedo van der Garde affair, admitting she made "mistakes".

German GP axe sad says Lauda

Niki Lauda has described the official demise of Mercedes' home race this year as "sad".

New fuel-flow controversy brewing

A new controversy surrounding F1's fuel-flow rules could be brewing.

Young athletes are global trend

F1 is simply adjusting to the new "global trend" of younger athletes.

Bottas impatient for Malaysia return

Valtteri Bottas is "impatient" to return to the cockpit of his Williams this weekend in Malaysia.

MARCH 22, 2015

Mercedes offered millions to save German GP

Mercedes offered to help keep the German grand prix alive in 2015.

Alonso to sit FIA tests at Cambridge University

Fernando Alonso's mandatory medical tests on Sunday will take place at the famous English university Cambridge, multiple British newspapers report.

Ferrari busy with F1 factory move

Ferrari is moving house.

MARCH 21, 2015

Alonso will race in Malaysia says manager

Fernando Alonso's manager says the McLaren-Honda driver will be back in action in Malaysia next weekend.

Alonso crash costs insurers 1.8 million

Fernando Alonso's Barcelona testing crash has cost insurers EUR 1.8 million so far.

FIA confirms German GP demise

F1's governing body has removed Germany from the 2015 calendar.

MARCH 20, 2015

German GP dead as circuits pull out

Germany's other F1 circuit has joined Hockenheim in pulling out of the running to host the scheduled July 19 race.

Mercedes rivals will never catch up says Marko

Mercedes' engine advantage is locked in for the long haul, Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko insists.

Marko says Toro Rosso cars could turn yellow

Toro Rosso's cars could turn yellow, Red Bull official Dr Helmut Marko has admitted.

Bottas believes he can drive in Malaysia

Valtteri Bottas' manager has admitted he is not sure the Williams driver will return to action next weekend in Malaysia.

F1 in image struggle at start of new season

Formula one did not present the best image of itself as the 2015 season opened in Australia.

Schumacher should only be six-time champ says Barrichello

Rubens Barrichello claims his former Ferrari teammate Michael Schumacher should actually be just a six-time world champion.

Marc Marquez backs Honda to succeed in F1

Reigning MotoGP champion Marc Marquez has backed Honda to succeed in formula one.

MARCH 19, 2015

Alonso set for medical checks on Sunday

Fernando Alonso will undergo medical tests conducted by the FIA on Sunday.

Sauber surprised by van der Garde accusations

Sauber has admitted it was "surprised" to read ousted driver Giedo van der Garde's media statement on Wednesday.

Race pace gap to Mercedes not huge says Raikkonen

Mercedes could have a race on its hands in 2015.

New rules made for right reasons

Williams has become the next team to back F1's current regulations.

Wolff reveals Hamilton bought Ferrari supercar

Lewis Hamilton has had contact with Ferrari, Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff has admitted.