Formula One News — December 2014
DECEMBER 9, 2014
Mercedes stopped lousy 2014 season says Ecclestone
Bernie Ecclestone has credited Mercedes' team management for preventing a "lousy" world championship in 2014.
Button resorts to jokes as McLaren wait continues
Jenson Button has resorted to jokes as McLaren's farcical delay in announcing its 2015 driver lineup drags on.
Mercedes eyes Friday role for Wehrlein in 2015
Pascal Wehrlein could be a regular name on the F1 race circuits in the near future.
Furbatto to join Stella at McLaren?
Another Italian is headed for McLaren, the Ferrari media insider Leo Turrini reports.
Mercedes surprised by 2014 dominance
Mercedes was "surprised" when it realised the level of its dominance at the start of the radical new V6 era in 2014.
DECEMBER 8, 2014
McLaren denies 2015 driver decision delay
McLaren has denied its 2015 driver lineup is delayed due to a behind-the-scenes "problem".
Grosjean still eyes move to top team
Romain Grosjean admits he might still be looking to move away from Lotus after 2015.
Marko expects thieves to melt F1 trophies for silver
Dr Helmut Marko has admitted the chances are high that Red Bull's stolen F1 trophies will be lost forever.
Vettel, Raikkonen among richest Swiss residents
Sebastian Vettel has been named among the 300 richest residents of Switzerland.
Bob Bell to start Ferrari role in March?
Mercedes' former technical chief Bob Bell looks set to start work at Ferrari in March.
Collapsing teams gave nothing to F1 says Trulli
F1 will not miss the collapsing backmarker teams Caterham and Marussia.
Domenicali replaces Berger as open-wheel boss
Stefano Domenicali has returned to the world of open-wheel racing.
Lowe vows to improve Mercedes reliability
Paddy Lowe has vowed to improve Mercedes' reliability record.
Bianchi's condition unchanged
Jules Bianchi's father says the injured F1 driver remains in a "stable" condition, more than two months after his Suzuka crash.
Bullish Massa targeting 2015 title
Felipe Massa has targeted the 2015 drivers' title.
Kobayashi to test Super Formula in Japan
Kamui Kobayashi looks set to keep his motor racing career alive outside of formula one.
DECEMBER 6, 2014
Thieves steal 60 trophies from Red Bull
More than 60 trophies won by Red Bull were stolen from the F1 team's factory late on Friday night.
DECEMBER 5, 2014
Newey shook hands on 2015 Ferrari switch
Adrian Newey agreed a sensational move to Ferrari earlier this year, it has emerged.
McLaren delays driver news yet again
Yet another week will draw to a close with no news forthcoming about McLaren's 2015 driver lineup.
Customer Haas keeping eye on Ferrari turmoil
Gene Haas, F1's newest team owner, has admitted to keeping a sharp eye on the turmoil at Maranello.
F1 world now expecting Friday announcement from McLaren
The F1 world is now eyeing yet another date for the delayed announcement of McLaren's 2015 driver lineup.
Driver representative Wurz backs Bianchi report
The F1 drivers' union GPDA has welcomed the outcome of the investigation into Jules Bianchi's Suzuka crash.
Domenicali studying F1 entry for VW?
Reports Audi is contemplating a future in formula one are once again gathering steam.
Korea trick tweaks engine rules for 2015
The story of Korea's surprise return to the F1 calendar for 2015 has taken another bizarre twist.