Formula One News — May 2014
MAY 14, 2014
Caterham behind in engine, gearbox bills
Is the F1 backmarker Caterham for sale?
Red Bull not interested in Mercedes power
Red Bull says it is not interested in being powered by Mercedes.
Ecclestone desperate to cling to F1 power
The man jailed for accepting Bernie Ecclestone's alleged bribes depicted the F1 'supremo' on Tuesday as someone desperate to cling to power.
Smedley happy to leave Ferrari wind tunnel
Former Ferrari engineer Rob Smedley says it is nice to finally be working in formula one with a wind tunnel that works.
Lauda to end up Mercedes driver nanny says Berger
Gerhard Berger has warned Mercedes to expect fireworks between teammates Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg in 2014.
Fatigue and frustration explain Vettel struggle
Part of Sebastian Vettel's struggle so far in 2014 is "fatigue" after four consecutive world championship triumphs.
Vettel's old chassis was bent
The chassis used by Sebastian Vettel in the first four races of 2014 was bent, according to Germany's Auto Motor und Sport.
F1 gets first look and sound of Merc megaphone
The world of F1 will hear Mercedes' 'megaphone' exhaust for the first time early on Wednesday.
Hamilton wants Mercedes rivals to catch up
New championship leader Lewis Hamilton insists he does not want to run away unchallenged with a dominant 2014 title.
MAY 13, 2014
No reason to cancel Russia GP says Todt
The FIA does not intend to cancel the inaugural Russian grand prix, according to the governing body's president Jean Todt.
Witness backs bribery claims in Ecclestone trial
Bernie Ecclestone's bribery trial appeared to turn a darker corner on Tuesday.
Mateschitz doubts Red Bull can catch Mercedes
With not yet a quarter of the season gone, Red Bull on Tuesday came close to conceding the 2014 title to Mercedes.
Ferrari wants Brawn, Bell and Newey
Bob Bell could be the next piece of the puzzle, as Ferrari looks to end its slump and return to the top of formula one.
Cost saving proposals are ridiculous according to Todt
Jean Todt has slammed as "a joke" the initial cost-saving proposals put forward by formula one teams.
Red Bull not giving up on 2014 battle
Red Bull will not give up the battle for the 2014 title.
No one ready to succeed Ecclestone says Mateschitz
Dietrich Mateschitz claims formula one is staring into the abyss.
Red Bull to assess 2014 chase in Austria
Red Bull will take stock of the 2014 season after its home race in Austria next month.
Rosberg coping with Hamilton's dominance
Their battles may be played out on the track, but Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg are also waging a war of the minds in 2014.
Vettel thinks chassis change helped in Spain
Sebastian Vettel thinks his 'new' chassis helped him to pull out of his 2014 crisis.
McLaren may test Honda power in 2014
McLaren could be ready to test a Honda engine before the end of 2014.
Massa not worried about latest criticism
Felipe Massa insists he is not fazed by the latest round of criticism.
Barcelona begins talks for F1 deal through 2026
Talks about the long-term future of the Spanish grand prix reportedly kicked off last weekend.
MAY 12, 2014
Race Report - Four for Four for Forty-Four
Spanish GP - Race Report
Newey not ruling out Ferrari switch
Adrian Newey has refused to categorically rule out a future move to Ferrari.