Formula One News — March 2014

MARCH 12, 2014

Haug returns to motor racing with DTM

Norbert Haug is returning to motor racing.

New V6 era is pure F1 says Berger

Gerhard Berger is no longer critical of F1's technological revolution.

Di Resta yet to secure Mercedes F1 role

Now mere hours before the engines are fired up in Melbourne, Paul di Resta still has not secured a new F1 role for 2014.

New Nurburgring owner to keep affordable F1

F1's Nurburgring future now appears brighter, after the embattled German grand prix venue was bought for a reported EUR 100 million.

F1 co-owner says deal a mistake

One of F1's owners has admitted buying into the sport was "a mistake".

Lauda annoyed by Schumacher rumours

Niki Lauda has admitted to being "saddened" and "annoyed" by the constant rumours of Michael Schumacher's medical condition.

India GP problems money related says Ecclestone

The promoter of India's beleaguered formula one race breached its contract, F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has revealed.

MARCH 11, 2014

Ecclestone now tips Hamilton for title

Bernie Ecclestone has changed his mind.

Webber still in paddock after F1 retirement

After more than a decade on the grid, Mark Webber will still be in the paddock this weekend as a new season of F1 begins.

Horner tips Mercedes driver for 2014 title

Red Bull boss Christian Horner is predicting an all-Mercedes silver duel for the 2014 title.

Red Bull could give up on 2014 chase

World champion team Red Bull may switch its focus to the 2015 season within weeks if it thinks this year's title is already lost.

Barrichello hopes Massa fights for title

Felipe Massa can take his Williams all the way to the 2014 title.

No Monaco move for backmarker rookie Ericsson

F1 rookie Marcus Ericsson has no plans to move to Monaco.

Experts say Schumacher recovery now unlikely

Two experts have warned that the old Michael Schumacher is probably now gone.

Berger thought of Schumacher after own ski fall

Gerhard Berger has admitted he thought of fellow F1 legend Michael Schumacher when he lay injured in the snow late last week.

MARCH 10, 2014

No Vettel title in 2014 for sure says Villeneuve

1997 world champion Jacques Villeneuve says Sebastian Vettel's run of titles is definitely over.

Owners worried demise will hurt F1 according to Ecclestone

F1's owners are scared Bernie Ecclestone's demise could hurt the sport.

Massa impressed with Mercedes power

Felipe Massa has admitted he has been "impressed" with his switch to Mercedes power for 2014.

Ferrari sandbagged in winter testing says Salo

Ferrari is yet to reveal the full potential of its 2014 car.

Renault says Red Bull car is extreme

Renault F1 chief Jean-Michel Jalinier insists the struggling French supplier should not be written off in 2014.

Kovalainen's F1 career is over according to Vilander

Toni Vilander thinks his Finnish countryman Heikki Kovalainen's F1 career is over.

Melbourne-spec car different on inside says Vettel

Crisis-struck Red Bull is taking a vastly different car to Melbourne for the first race of 2014.

Every car may retire in Melbourne

It is possible every single car will fail to finish Sunday's season-opening Australian grand prix.

Gerhard Berger injured in skiing fall

Former F1 driver Gerhard Berger has crashed whilst skiing in the Kitzbuhel district in his native Austria.