Formula One News — January 2014
JANUARY 15, 2014
Lopez plays down Lotus collapse fears
Lotus owner Gerard Lopez has moved to allay fears the Enstone based team is on the verge of collapse.
Frijns set for Friday role at Caterham
Robin Frijns looks set to secure a role in the F1 paddock for 2014.
Vettel's number 5 not Schumacher tribute
Sebastian Vettel has explained the reasoning behind picking the number 5 for the rest of his formula one career.
JANUARY 14, 2014
Departing Valsecchi not paid by Lotus in 2013
As fears about Lotus' health grow, 2013 reserve driver Davide Valsecchi has revealed he has not yet been paid by the Enstone based team.
Button's father John dies at 70
Jenson Button's father, a highly popular F1 figure and a long-standing paddock regular, has died.
Williams preparing 2014 car for Jerez debut
Williams has become the latest team to confirm it will be on track as crucial preparations for the 2014 season begin in two weeks at Jerez.
Ferrari not abandoning pullrod layout for 2014
Reports that Ferrari has abandoned its innovative 'pullrod' front suspension layout for 2014 were apparently wide of the mark.
Schumacher wrote $1bn will in 2010?
The will drawn up by Michael Schumacher would see his $1 billion-dollar estate divided equally among the three other members of his family.
JANUARY 13, 2014
Marussia, Lotus hit back at 2014 doubts
Marussia has hit back at suggestions it might be in dire health.
2014 cars to have anteater noses
Nose solutions for the 2014 regulations could leave F1 cars resembling "anteaters", the Italian magazine Autosprint has revealed.
Disappointed Leimer deserves F1 seat
The new reigning champion of the F1 support series GP2 will not move up to the pinnacle of motor sport in 2014.
Schumacher's condition unchanged
Michael Schumacher's condition remains unchanged, the German newspaper Bild reports.
McLaren's 2013 flaws not fully understood says Paffett
McLaren ended last season without fully understanding where it went so wrong with the 2013 car.
JANUARY 11, 2014
Champion Vettel to race number 5 in F1 career
F1's governing body on Friday revealed the race numbers drivers on the 2014 grid have picked for the rest of their grand prix careers.
JANUARY 10, 2014
Best driver Vettel put Berger to sleep in 2013
Sebastian Vettel finally overtook Fernando Alonso as the very best driver in formula one last year.
Caterham not ruling out Kobayashi for F1 return
Kamui Kobayashi appears imminently close to securing his return to formula one.
Law change paves road for India GP return
India has moved a step towards securing its return to the formula one calendar.
Irvine unlikely to serve six month jail sentence
A Milan judge on Thursday sentenced former F1 driver Eddie Irvine to six months in jail.
Rumours of secret Ferrari V6 test grow
Rumours Ferrari is already testing its all-new turbo V6 engine have only gained in strength in the last days and weeks.
Kvyat says Toro Rosso to test at Jerez
Toro Rosso will be among the teams at the Jerez test later this month.
FIA now ready to police fuel limits in 2014
The manufacturer of a crucial fuel flow sensor is now ready for F1's 2014 season.
JANUARY 9, 2014
Boullier says Lotus won't be alone in missing the first test
Team boss Eric Boullier on Thursday played down Lotus' decision to sit out the opening test of the 2014 pre-season.
Missing first test not good for Lotus says Sutil
Adrian Sutil has questioned Lotus' decision to sit out the opening test of the official 2014 pre-season period.
Caterham to unveil 2014 car at Jerez
Caterham has announced it will have its 2014 car ready for the start of official 2014 testing.