Formula One News — November 2000

NOVEMBER 7, 2000

Changes coming at Jaguar?

AN announcement is expected shortly from Jaguar about further changes to the team for next season and we have heard stories that this will involve a new sporting director being appointed.

Changes coming at Jordan Grand Prix

OUR spies tell us that there are to be changes at Jordan Grand Prix as a result of the team's disappointing performances this year.

NOVEMBER 6, 2000

The future of Minardi

IN recent days there have been worries about the future of Minardi and while this is not surprising given the fact that it is now early November and the team has yet to announce which engines it will be using in the World Championship next season.

Prost and Michelin

IT is no secret that Prost Grand Prix is thinking about joining forces with Michelin but the recent engine deal with Ferrari is complicating matters as the French tire manufacturer does not want its tire technology leaking to Ferrari, which remains one of Bridgestone's top teams.

Toyota explains Formula 1 plans

THE Toyota Motor Company has given more details about what it hopes to achieve with its Formula 1 program.

BAR plays down crisis

BRITISH AMERICAN RACING has been playing down suggestions that a showdown is coming between team bosses Craig Pollock and Adrian Reynard, saying that the board meeting which was due to take place last week (but was delayed) was simply a quarterly gathering and no major moves were planned.

Irvine dismisses Brawn's contribution to Schumacher championship

JAGUAR team leader Eddie Irvine has firmly dismissed Ross Brawn's supposed role as the as the great pit lane strategist who helped steer Michael Schumacher to his goal of becoming the first Ferrari World Champion driver in 21 years.

Mugen-Honda confirm F1 exit

HIROTOSHI HONDA, president of Mugen, has confirmed the immediate withdrawal of his company from Formula One at the end of the season.

Trulli completes New York marathon

JORDAN driver Jarno Trulli produced an impressive performance in the New York Marathon on Sunday when he completed the event in 10,230th place - but was unhappy after he failed to achieve his own personal target.

NOVEMBER 5, 2000

De la Rosa believes in Arrows way of life

SPANIARD Pedro de la Rosa has said that rumors of a move to Prost are wide of the mark and he expressed his content of life with Arrows.

NOVEMBER 4, 2000

Coulthard insists consistency is the key to his world title quest

DAVID COULTHARD has set his sights on winning the Formula One World Championship in 2001 and he has insisted that more consistency in his driving will deliver the crown.

Pantano makes the point again

GIORGIO PANTANO drove home the point that he is a special talent while testing for Team Astromega in Formula 3000 this week.

Coke - the real thing?

THERE has been an awful lot of talk in Formula 1 circles in recent months about the possible involvement of American drinks company Coca-Cola in Grand Prix racing.

Schumacher victorious again

WORLD CHAMPION Michael Schumacher has tasted victory again after he led a soccer team comprising of motor racing stars to triumph against an all-star opposition in a charity match in Padua, Italy.

Ferrari set to snap-up McLaren specialist

DOUBLE CHAMPIONS Ferrari are set to heap further misery on McLaren by tempting software specialist Anton Sitpinovic to leave the Woking-based team.

NOVEMBER 3, 2000

Schumacher loses look-alike court case

MICHAEL SCHUMACHER lost a court case in Stuttgart, Germany on Thursday after filing a multi-million pound damages claim against his look-alike Frank Sassen.

Verstappen future to be decided shortly

DUTCH driver Jos Verstappen's future could be decided within the next three weeks, according to his manager Huub Rothengatter.

Raikkonen unfazed by the pressures of F1

YOUNG Finn Kimi Raikkonen has said that the pressure of Formula One will not affect him if he lands a drive with Sauber next year.

A good move for Prost

AS we have been predicting, Alain Prost has signed up Joan Villadelprat and Henri Durand to be managing director and technical director of Prost Grand Prix.

EM.TV shares remain unstable

AS negotiations continue for a deal between Bernie Ecclestone, Thomas Haffa and a consortium of automobile manufacturers to secure the long term future of the commercial side of Grand Prix racing,

Trulli set to feed his passion with marathon run in New York

JORDAN driver Jarno Trulli will swap his racing overalls for shorts, T-shirt and running shoes on Sunday when he competes in the New York Marathon.

NOVEMBER 2, 2000

Minardi dismiss speculation

MINARDI have dismissed speculation that backers PanAmerican Sports Network are about to pull the plug on its deal to buy a majority stake in the team.

New appointments at Prost

PROST have announced that Joan Villadelprat has been appointed Managing Director of the team and he will be joined by technical director Henri Durand for the 2001 world championship.

Zonta handed tough Jordan testing schedule

BRAZILIAN Ricardo Zonta has been handed a tough schedule in December as he begins his new role as official test driver with Jordan.