Formula One News — November 2000

NOVEMBER 17, 2000

Jordan to butt in on BAR's Honda Athena engine

JORDAN GRAND PRIX will use the Honda Athena engine tested by British American Racing when they begin their preparations for 2001.

NOVEMBER 16, 2000

Di Montezemolo will not quit as Ferrari chief

FERRARI president Luca di Montezemolo has said that he has no plans to quit at the helm of the double-winners and admitted that he wants more success next year.

Traction control could be the start of structured F1 change

A program of structured change leading to progressively revised F1 technical regulations could be prompted by the reintroduction of traction control next season.

Prost fail in Telefonica talks

PROST GRAND PRIX managing director Joan Villadelprat has said that talks to attract Telefonica back to the sport have failed.

Villeneuve to open new restaurant business in Montreal

1997 World Champion Jacques Villeneuve is to open a new restaurant/bar in Montreal next year - and his old friend BAR team boss Craig Pollock will be one of the investors.

Jordan's Bell welcomes traction control

BOB BELL, head of vehicle technology at Jordan, has welcomed the possibility of traction control returning to Formula One.

Button looks forward to Benetton challenge

JENSON BUTTON has insisted that he is desperate to return to the cockpit and start testing for his new team Benetton next month - even though he has to prove himself all over again.

NOVEMBER 15, 2000

Ferrari president insists Prost and Sauber will be treated equally

FERRARI president Luca di Montezemolo has insisted that Prost and Sauber will both be treated equally when they receive the Italian team's engines next season.

Gene's future will be decided in next two weeks

MINARDI driver Marc Gene's future in Formula One will be decided in the next two weeks, according to his manager Blanca De Foronda.

Minardi poised for Supertec deal

NEVER take anything for granted, or at face value. That's the golden rule of thumb which is consistently applicable to the F1 business.

Burti suggests Jaguar promotion was down to luck

NEW Jaguar driver Luciano Burti has suggested that his move onto the Formula One grid was down to luck.

NOVEMBER 14, 2000

Webber confirms Benetton 2001 test drive

MARK WEBBER announced on Tuesday that he will be the official test driver for the 2001 season for the Benetton Formula One team.

Karthikeyan set to shakedown Jaguar next month

NARAIN KATHIKEYAN is set to become the first Indian to drive a Formula One car as he prepares to shakedown a Jaguar Racing R1B development chassis at Silverstone next month.

Ferrari expand facilities to cope with Sauber and Prost supplies

FERRARI have expanded their facilities at their Maranello base to help cope with their engine supply commitments with Sauber and Prost in the 2001 season.

The latest moves at British American Racing

WE understand that the political battles within British American Racing may not be over yet.

Alonso, Ferrari and Prost

OUR spies at Ferrari tell us that the Italian team has offered 19-year-old Spaniard Fernando Alonso a five-year deal to join the team, initially as a test driver.

NOVEMBER 13, 2000

Jordan new-boy insists team will deliver

NEW Jordan chief operating officer John Putt has said he will relish the challenge of helping the team to become Formula One World Champions.

Noises from Silverstone

WE hear that there is to be an Emergency General Meeting of the British Racing Drivers' Club - the club which owns the Silverstone racing circuit, near Northampton.

And on the Stock Exchange...

COMPARED to the end of last week, Monday was not a bad day for Thomas Haffa of EM.TV.

A Grand Prix for Tunisia?

BACK in 1991 there were rumors of several possible new Grands Prix being held.

Jaguar gets planning permission

JAGUAR RACING has secured planning permission to start building its new headquarters at Silverstone.

NOVEMBER 12, 2000

Gascoyne with Benetton chassis

NEW Benetton technical director Mike Gascoyne has said that he is confident that work carried out since the end of the season will give the team's new chassis increased reliability.

Pagliarini for Prost

MINARDI's chief mechanic Gabriele Pagliarini is expected to leave the team to join Prost Grand Prix.

FIA poised to put brake on Raikkonen's F1 ambitions

While the FIA may have given Jenson Button the green light for an F1 super licence on the basis of his outstanding performance during testing last winter, his contemporary Kimi Raikkonen's lack of experience his likely to put a brake on his Grand Prix aspirations for at least another year.