Marko plays down Wehrlein to Toro Rosso rumour
Honda F1 website
Honda website

MAY 15, 2018

Marko plays down Wehrlein to Toro Rosso rumour

Pascal Wehrlein is linked with a return to formula one.

After losing his Sauber seat, the Mercedes junior returned to the German touring car series DTM for 2018.

But a rumour says Red Bull is interested in signing up the 23-year-old to replace underperforming Toro Rosso driver Brendon Hartley.

Bild newspaper claims the matter was discussed at the Spanish grand prix last week during a rare visit to the paddock for Red Bull magnate Dietrich Mateschitz.

Dr Helmut Marko said of the rumour: "I don't know where it comes from."

(GMM)

Other stories for MAY 15, 2018

RICCIARDO IN NO HURRY TO SIGN 2019 CONTRACT

MCLAREN PLANS MID-SEASON ALONSO TALKS

VERSTAPPEN CAN WIN IN MONACO

WOLFF SLAMS MARKO OVER TYRE CONSPIRACY

LECLERC A FUTURE CHAMPION SAYS PUJOLAR

MARKO PLAYS DOWN WEHRLEIN TO TORO ROSSO RUMOUR

BOSS DEFENDS GROSJEAN AMID NEW CAREER CRISIS